Translate

Saturday 17 September 2016

Two cards & Two New Techniques for Me

 This first card is done with shaving cream, some Tim Holtz re-inkers 
and some Delusions sprays. I did lots that will end up being used over the next 
weeks, months, years :). The ones you see here I did rows of drops of colours in the
rainbow colours then used a skewer to mix and swirl. I had fun playing but there wasn't that
much that I saw and thought wow love that other than these ones, so yes I would play
again but only to do these colour mixes. 


I used watercolour paper scrapes  and also some Tim Holtz watercolour paper that I had stamped on one side then found I couldn't use with Zigs and it was just sitting there so now its all used up.
Just check out the inserts for those frames, the frames themselves and even the die cut 'happy birthday'

Love them. After die cutting, I glued in place, added the sentiment to the top one then decided to add the XOXO from another die cut set this time in shimmer silver. Coloured this gorgeous blue bird

from Purple Onion and attached it so it looked like it is sitting on the frame.



Im hoping this card is CAS enough for the CAS  Mix Up Marbling, Stamping and Something Else Challenge. Will also be great for the Seize the Birthday Challenge Tags and a couple of others.

This next card I did with a couple of challenges, mainly being Virginias View (mmm is this too heavily sprayed) and The Card Concept, Rainbows, in mind and is again a new technique to me. Using the Delusions Sprays as actual sprays. They are really strong colours and I again used up those watercolour papers that had been stamped then not used on the one side.

I laid the piece of watercolour paper in a box, I used lots of pieces of acetate (I tend to keep all the spare pieces that come with the stamp sets when I unpack my stamps). So I keep them all and they pile up and are perfect for this. Each time I covered the areas I didnt want to get spray on with the acetate then sprayed across the watercolour paper. I added a little sprayed water if help was needed to spread. I then dried each section before going to the next. Then I would place a piece of acetate over the first colour but leave a slight edge of the coloured area so I could overspray and also covered the uncoloured paper leaving a triangle clear for the next spray.



After I had finished I had had a couple of runs within colours but still liked the end result and
when I turned it I thought it looked like a scene, yes you need to squint and squish your eyes and then you too can see the grass and sand then the path and the sky, no not really, but I love how the colours turned out and I visualised my Purple Onion critters getting together to celebrate Rainbows and Sunshine. Then I framed them in a gold stitched die cut and added the sparkly words.

All done, I hope you like them. Time to link them up and I hope you come again soon.



my rainbow card - no missed this challenge.


Inspired by the Rainbow of colours. Freestyle.
Rainbows and Sunshine card;


Happy birthday marbled card, used the topping.






Happy Birthday Frame Card: Marbled, stamped, die cut and coloured.


Happy Birthday picture frames card



The Marbled Happy Birthday Frames.


Okay  Thats it. Way past time for bed. Need to go link this and back tomorrow.
























13 comments:

sandie said...

Aileen these are superb, love the explosion of colour an the second and mixed with the silver looks stunning. Thanks for that little tip on the acetate hadn't heard this before, great idea. I think the first card is CAS enough for our 'upcycling' challenge at AAA cards as you have re-used stash, would be great to see you there. Also thanks for joining The Card Concept

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, I simply adore both this cards, the colors are magnificent, such vibrancy, just gorgeous.
And you made them with some of my most favorite little critters from Purple Onion and the Stacey Yacula collection.
Absolutely gorgeous.
Big Hugs,
Maria.

Flo Langley said...

Lovely effect with the marbling. Beautiful cards.
Enjoy the weekend.
Flo x

Loll said...

Great job with marbling Aileen. Love the mix of colours to create the beautiful rainbow coloured pieces. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh love your marbling effect Aileen .... I've never tried it, does it smell of aftershave foam when it's finished?
And your little critter card is sooooo cute, I reckon they're frolicking through fields of flowers, or maybe a mountainside covered with heather :) Either way, it looks fabulous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, these are such happy little rainbow cards. Love them. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept.

Bonnie said...

I love your bright and festive marbling, Aileen! A delightful birthday card! Love your rainbow card too! Both are such happy, fun cards! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

Such fun, vibrant and colourful cards. Great way to use the scraps on the first card. Always love dipping into your blog, you always bring a happy smile. To my face X amazing cards x

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow how super fun is this!! I just love those bright and vibrant colors you've achieved with your technique!! HUGS :)

Mandy said...

Wonderful cards Aileen! The colours are so striking & the images are super cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Jodene said...

Awesome cards! I love the bright vivid colours and your colouring of the animal images is beautiful too. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

nancy littrell said...

Aileen, your cards are so fun and colorful. I love how you used your marbled pieces. TFS and joining us at CAS mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the marbelling ones.