Translate

Sunday 28 August 2016

My Favourite Butterfly

 I've been sick laryngitis then became a cold with lots of coughing and feeling yuk. I've missed so many of my favourite challenges but last night I was feeling good so did some copic colouring. I really wanted to go in a few different Challenges that we going with the one splash of colour idea and thoughts had been bubbling. I was going to use some different flowers  but lacked the energy so 

I got out my favourite Hero Art butterfly, stamped and cut out a few masks and did this
really easy layering.

I was so pleased with this last night. I did the greys in C-1, C-3 and C-5, I wanted the green to really stand out so went YG01, YG03 and YG25. I finished it off with some light grey shadow and went to bed happy.


Then I just had to play some more. I decided to add those lovely little white dots that Kelly and Kathy use so well. It just didnt work for me. I just had to do it all, then sit there looking t it and hating it and thinking of trashing it. Start again but I was not feeling so crash hot this morning so just removed what I could by fingernail then went over with the colours again and left it as that. I'm not happy with my end look but finished the card off and will use it and at some time will do it again just so I feel happy. I added a few green dots after trying out a number of different ideas, placed very strategically to cover random Copic drops. Liked it as it was and just couldn't decide on a sentiment and decided to leave as is for now and add sentiment when using. Could use for any occasion.

I am going to add this to A Blog Named Hero as this month is about to close and they are doing 'A Pop of Color' and you need to use their products so the butterfly fits right in.
Also there is a wonderful challenge at Scrapbook Boutique that is also closing soon and their mood board was perfect for this card. Finally CAS-ual Fridays CFC155 which is black and white with a Pop of Colour. I am hoping I am within bounds by using greys, if not I will remove from the challenge. Actually I just realised that  this green is the green closest to Peridot so I should also enter the Simon Says 'Work It Wednesday'  which is also closing soon.

Thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.






18 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Oh WOW again, your butterflies are fabulous! Hope you're feeling better :)

Ann said...

Your colour choice is perfect for the Scrapbook Boutique Challenge - the grey is a perfect foil for that stunning green! Your masking technique is perfect, and I love the finished creation! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique this month!

Ruth said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and I love the use of grey with just a pop of colour. It's nice and simple, but very effective with the dots too. Xx

lostinpaper said...

Glad to hear you are finally feeling better, and that you were able to find some crafty energy. Love how you have layered up the butterflies and highlighted only one, it's perfect for the inspiration Aileen. So glad you could share it with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

Greta said...

So sorry you've been sick, Aileen! Not sure I've seen that image & it is beautiful! Love the pop of green in your design!

Kylie said...

Wow, this is amazing. I love the green! Beautiful masking. I hope you are feeling better? xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Wow! What a stunner!! Amazing coloring, Aileen - kudos to your skills!!

Linda said...

Wow that is stunning colouring Aileen - sooo eye catching and the green really pops. Hope you're on the mend now - being sick sux. Take care!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I sure hope you are feeling better....not fun being sick.
Amazing card....really artistic and beautiful.
hugs,
K

cm said...

I'm catching up in reverse order, so seeing your butterfly as a 'follow up' (when it really was a lead up *grin*) to your flowers has me doubly swooning! Again, your colouring blows. me. away! So artistic! Grey and green: HOT! Hope you're feeling better! Your card doesn't need a sentiment: lovely as is!
~carol

Sarn said...

Ooh that's so pretty xxx

Sarn said...

Ooh that's so pretty xxx

Creating with Susan said...

I'm glad you're feeling better - your card is gorgeous! Love the green with the grey - so pretty!

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

Beautiful. I love the masked butterflies and how that bright green just pops off the page! Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.
Louise xo

Kathy S said...

Wow - that is some nice POP of color. Thank you for joining us at A Blog Named Hero - Hope you'll join us again tomorrow for our new challenge.

Channin Pelletier said...

This is really stunning!!! I love your coloring and design!! I was surprised to read you aren't crazy about it, it's beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jeanne said...

So sorry to hear you've been sick. That's not fun at all. But man oh man, this card is stunning! I don't see a single thing wrong with it. I adore the gray with the pop of green. And that you used that butterfly stamp. :) So, so pretty!! Hope by now you are feeling much better.

Kim Hamilton said...

This is simply lovely! Beautiful design! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays :)