Translate

Friday 19 August 2016

Merci Beaucoup


Sorry for the lack of action here. Have been commenting on blogs but no cards. Migraines made the week a hard one with only small periods of pain free time. Gone now till the next lot so I have lots of catching up to doooooooo.


This is a one layer card. The die cut was watercolour paper that I cut with the rectangle die that adds stitch marks on both the positive and the negative. It was a scrap that I had stamped and heat embossed this little cutie. A stamp from Lili of the Valley and I think my first little girl stamp.


I have watercoloured with Zigs and water, very quick piece and lots of colour. I then stamped the sentiment 'Merci beaucoup' which is the only French thing I could find in my massive collection of stamped images and sentiments.

I think she looks like she is offering a flower with a thank you to someone. Now you might notice that thin line of gold either side on the watercoloured image and that might lead you to believe it is another layer. Well its not... let me explain.
When I die cut the watercolour piece and the card base, I didnt notice until I had cut, the watercolour piece too short on one side so it was slightly too small to stick back together without a gap. 

I got some gold tape I have that I attached under the watercolour piece then slotted the watercolour piece back into place with a very slight gold line each side. I also used a stitched die to add the line of stitches to the end of the watercolour piece. 

Have I confused you...... I wont dare read to see if it makes sense. Just trust me it is inset and one layer and Im happy I was able to save it.


Challenges









Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope I see you again soon.




13 comments:

Jeanne said...

I adore the image and all the color you added. So bright and fun. Clever solution to your dilemma, too. Well done! Sorry to hear you suffer from migraines. That is no fun!! Hope you have a nice weekend. :)

Esther said...

Sorry to hear about the migraines :( Glad you're okay now. Love the card. What a great save! The stamp is so adorable and the sentiment ties in perfectly with our French theme. Thanks for sharing at Less is More :)

Cardsbymaaike said...

haha I have that girl stamp ;-) we migth have the same taste ;-) great card

Ruth said...

Makes perfect sense - and a great save. Love how she looks like she's holding out something to us directly! Hope the migraines clear up soon. Xx

Brenda said...

What a great save! Love the way it turned out. Glad you are feeling better!

Marybeth said...

I'm sorry you were not feeling well but so happy you are feeling better now!
Oh this is so sweet and you always color beautifuly!!!!!

Viv said...

Such a bright fun card Aileen,so sorry you aren't feeling great, feel better soon ;) hugs Viv xx

Chrissie said...

Hope you're feeling better now!
I'm having a bit of difficulty in seeing how this is one layer, with the central panel and the gold edging, but it looks really cute!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More!
Moins est Plus!

Neets B said...

Cute image and great for our French theme. Great save with your inlaid die cut. Although it didn't fit back into the base I think we can still class it as one layer.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Very sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown!!
hugs!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww sorry to hear you suffer from migraines, I read somewhere recently that Apple cider vinegar is supposed to help.
Beautiful card, I have this LOTV stamp too but haven't inked her for a while. Great idea to add the gold tape :)

Debi said...

Excellent save! Great card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Debi TT DT

Rosmarie said...

Gorgeous little girl ...and so beautifully colored!! The sentiment fits perfectly!
Thanks for you nice comment, Aileen.
Rosi x