Translate

Monday 22 June 2015

Just a Note

Very Similar to the last Altenew flower card I posted. Alas on this one you can see where the green got messy and I tried to clean up. These are the times I wish I had bought the die. But I haven't so will just have to ignore the little mess and think of it as 'handmade with love'.

I have used the rectangle stitch dies again. The blue the next size up to the white layer. Placed at an angle and could just squeeze in my 'Just a Note' sentiment. No bling added as I think this flower is blingy itself. In real life the flower is so pretty as I have used the same paints and colours as I did for the first one. These paints as so creamy and beautiful to work with.

I know its very much the same but still beautiful to look at. I am now trying one in deep crimson colour with gold and love it just taking it slow.......

Adding this to The Daily Marker - 30 Day Colouring Challenge - Day 20

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - use your favourite technique or product - what can I say. I love watercoloring, I love Altenew Flowers stamps, I love Dies.

Hero Art - Tic Tac Toe Challenge June 1-30th - I went with the Embossing -Whte embossed the flower; Die cuts - both mats cut with the rectangle stitch die - Favourite colour - Blue.

On a personal note I am a wee bit behind as I am living at Mum and Dads now and only getting home on weekends. Mum isn't doing so well and her Alzheimer's is moving very quickly. Dad has dementia but is doing okay, not great but ok, mum not so much.

 Its to hard to do a couple of days a week traveling from home (Sydney) to their place (Canberra) so its easier to be there all week to meet issues head on. I go home weekends to recharge, catch up with my DH, see the kids and their children. Elysha of course comes with me as she can't be on her own because of her disability but she stays with her sister in Canberra so thats a bit more exciting for her and easier for me.
Sooo card making has to be squashed in to a couple of hours when and if I can. Lots of time to colour just not always to make the final edition. which is a shame as there are some great challenges out there I would love to join in. Will have to do my best.....lol.....does that sound like a craft fanatic.....mmmm. I do believe its like having withdrawals cause I just can't fit everything in the car that I need and struggle to decide what I should take or leave behind. Will have to move mum and dad into storage soon so I have enough room for my stufffffff.

9 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful colours on your card. Love them. Sorry to hear that things aren't so great with your mum and dad. Must be hard. Sending a virtual hug. Love your posts, even if it's frustrating not getting to craft so much. Xx

Kelly Latevola said...

This is gorgeous. I'm sorry you're Mom is having a hard time. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers. <3

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous I love the blues so soft, Hugs for your mum and you x

lostinpaper said...

Your parents are so lucky to have you, what a wonderful person you are. Big hugs your way x

Marybeth said...

Hi Aileen ! Your card is gorgeous! I have that set and need to use it more. Oh my goodness you have a lot on your plate! You're a good daughter,I will keep you and your parents in my prayers . I'm sure you sweet daughter loves the change of pace. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Love the blue.
You are doing a great job juggling everything. It can't be easy balancing your own family + your parents. Colour/craft when you can. I think you do a great job moving supplies. My colouring/inks never leave the house! if I need to transport a craft is is usually knitting or hand sewing. Look forward to seeing your next creation.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful mix of colors! Lovely card~ I am sorry to read about your mom -- talk about a nasty disease! Simply put - it sucks!

Sarn said...

Well it's a lovely bright and cheerful card Aileen. Sounds like life is challenging for you but you seem to be bearing up.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Loll said...

This is really beautiful Aileen. Sorry to hear with your parent's illnesses, it's just a worry. It's good that you can be there to help them. Take care and sending you hugs. Loll xx