Translate

Thursday 30 April 2015

Ombre Love You Card

This card built up slowly. Had an idea and had to change then change again and finally got something I like.

I think I need to work on my photography skills. Found it a bit hard showing this card off to it's best. Was going to use the vellum that I had gold embossed with a Hero Art stamp and put with white and black but it just wasn't working. Fiddled around a bit and ended up with this card. Again because I didn't think of the sentiment till the end I found I put that many there that I then rejected: too big; too white; too something. Anyway I went back to this die cut that is from Technique Tuesday and I use it quite often. Really works well At first I tried just the pink die cutout put that blended too well, added the background die cut and it was perfect.

I used quite a large card base and blended two Tim Holtz distress ink pinks together. then I trimmed the vellum a bit and attached by using mono glue on sections that had the gold embossing. Also used the word die to hold down the vellum.
Love the glittery gold dots up in the corner. I can see my supply dwindling and can understand why people hold onto things. Haven't seen them since.

Decided to enter this in the Challenge going on at Virginia's View - Dimensions as there are a few layers here- I think.

Decided to add this to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes - as I do believe it fits the bill.

Hope you enjoyed the card and thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely lovely!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Aileen! It's so elegant and pretty.
The best tip I was given for taking photos of cards was to turn of the flash off and photograph the card on a close setting which helped me :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx